We have compiled frequently asked questions on this page.
For other questions and more information, please contact us.
Contact us to know in detail about services and costing
What benefits can you guarantee?
What are your rates?
All projects we take up carry the following guarantees:
Confidentiality guarantee: All client details will be kept confidential
Price guarantee: Minimum 60% cost-saving over on-site development
Support guarantee: Free 3-12 months support for defect resolution
Results guarantee: Progress-linked payments weighted toward the end
What is the quality of people you employ?
Rates vary, depending on skills, timelines, project nature etc.
Typically, a Senior Developer would work at the rate of $25/hour (isn't it too low?).
The quality of a software development company is ultimately the quality of its people. Our people are very strong for software projects:
For all that you claim, isn't the rate too low?
- Are English-speaking Graduate/Post-Graduate Engineers
- Have multiple years of industry experience
- All people have experience on off-shore projects with US/European clients
- Most people are from premier engieering institutes (IIT, IIM, BITS, REC etc.) or have proven exceptional abilities
- Most Project Leads have spent 2+ years residing in the US/Europe
- Are industry-certified (MCSD, MCP, Sun-certified)
- Mindfire's selection process includes a 1-hour written technical test, 4+ hours of interviewing, reference checking and actual problem-solving on the computer!
What are your payment models?
The rate is low not because of technical limitation, but simply because we operate from India, where living costs are much lower due to international economies and exchange rates. It is our strategy to pass on these location advantages to our clients.
What are your payment terms?
We work either for fixed-price projects, or on per-hour rates basis. For long-term committed clients who prefer time-based billing, we also offer a monthly rate.
How do you assure confidentiality?
For fixed-price projects:
Early proof-of-concept: 20%
Beta release: 20%
Final release: 20%
For per-hour rate projects:
These are typical distributions and individual projects may differ in details.
Can you guarantee time-bound results?
- We sign NDAs and Confidentiality Agreements as required by you.
- All our employees are full-time employees, and are bound by the company Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure clauses.
- Additionally, for sensitive projects, we create isolated cells disconnected from any public network.
- At a practical level, all CD-Writers need authorization for usage. Internet uploads larger than a threshold also need authorization.
We are worried about quality; how do you assure solid projects?
Yes; in some cases we bear project risks even before the first payment.
We are worried about support.; how do you handle this issue?
Our developers are dedicated to producing quality code. We have formal processes to keep quality under tight control, including periodic code reviews and design walk-throughs. We concentrate on being first-time right, and believe the creation-step itself should be strong.
Every project goes through the hands of suitable QA/testing professionals, under stringent test-plans including black-box testing, white-box testing, test regression, usage analysis etc.
Why should we trust you?
This is our strong point, and shows our confidence in our work. We issue free 3-12 month defect resolution for all our development, unconditionally.
We believe trust and confidence are the foundation for any successful relationship, and develop only after association over time. The following facts may help demonstrate our commitment to our business:
What contracts and agreements do you sign?
- We have completed projects for 100+ US/European clients
- We have been 12+ years in business, dedicated to the off-shore execution model
- We are here for the long run; our CEO has global experience with leading technology companies and has started up with a long-term vision
- The team consists of people from global companies like Microsoft, Adobe, Quark, AIG, AT&T, Coca-cola, IBM, Primus etc.
- Our list of references/ testimonials
Are you member of any industry bodies?
We sign NDAs before initial discussions, and final contracts are drawn out in detail.
We are normally bound by the legal framework of our client's country, and are a registered organization in India.
Can you come on-site?
Mindfire Solutions is member of NASSCOM (National Association of Software Companies), India's national body of software companies, and New Delhi-based STPI (Software Technology Parks of India). We are Microsoft "Gold" Certified Partners, Apple Developer Connection Premier Partners, Adobe Solutions Network Premium Partners and so on.
What control do we have over the project?
Yes we do, where required. This may be especially useful in initial requirements gathering, final implementation or other pain points. In such cases, our consultants will work on-site at pre-decided rates.
How do we keep ourselves informed about progress?
You will have ability to keep close control over the project. Our assigned Project Manager will be your single point-of-contact for all issue resolution, and will work closely with your guidelines.
Mindfire's TeamTouch solution has been specifically developed to provide you complete control over your project. TeamTouch offers unparalleled transparency and control.
We like the idea, but are unsure. Can we do a Pilot Project?
We will send you regular project status reports. We use a combination of pre-determined update schedules (normally email) and ad-hoc meetings (usually tele-conferences, or live chat).
With TeamTouch, you can keep live track of project plan, milestones, code status, bug status, timesheets status and a host of other software development metrics.
Mindfire welcomes you to try our services. You may choose to have us do a Pilot Project. We have always succeeded in continuing the relationship after demonstration of ability in a pilot project.
Our preferred Pilot Project is either the first sub-system of a larger project, or an independent project that completes within itself. Pilot Projects are typically within 2-4 weeks' duration.
We invest the same time and energy in Pilot Projects as real projects. You would find the pilot of sufficient quality to continue on the same code. In this sense, Pilots are very different from prototypes.